SPOTLIGHT

The student news site of South Hadley High School

SPOTLIGHT

SPOTLIGHT

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

A look into Griffin Blackburn

Student interview
A+photo+of+Blackburn+Performing+
Eric Berlin
A photo of Blackburn Performing

Griffin Blackburn is a senior and a friendly face here at the high school, you might recognize Blackburn from the various productions he’s been in or even just walking down the hall. Blackburn’s school routine often consists of arriving around 7:16 and attending his classes, he often finds himself excelling in subjects math and science as they consist of numbers which helps him understand them more. After school, Blackburn has a hectic schedule with Vocal Roar and Jazz Band on Mondays and Thursdays. He also participates in the high school’s theater program Harlequins on Tuesdays and Fridays, he is also a dishwasher at the restaurant Masterchef he finds his job pleasant.

When Blackburn was asked what his favorite role and production here at the high school was he replied” Probably Robbie Hart, The Wedding Singer as a whole actually” Blackburn stated happily”The whole show was so energetic and full of fun scenes to act out and perform”.  Blackburn would later state that his whole experience at the high school has been pleasant, however, he knows he can’t speak for everyone’s experiences and acknowledges problems are present but believes they are being handled.

Speaking of school, when Blackburn was asked if he had applied to any colleges yet he stated that he is still actively looking around and applying.  He is mainly looking at major cities such as NYC and Chicago due to their major population density, which is what Blackburn is also focusing on as he wants to be able to socialize with a large majority of people.  Whilst Blackburn is mainly going to continue his acting career, he hasn’t turned away from any other subjects or job opportunities he could utilize.

However, Blackburn began to state ” I’m gonna miss high school, I’m mainly going to miss the music department” Blackburn said,” As it is where I met most of my friends and have had amazing opportunities, experiences and overall just a great time”.  However, he remains optimistic and believes that the future holds great value and to always push forward.

For now, Blackburn wants to continue the rest of the school year while focusing on his academics, participating in after-school activities, playing and walking with his dog, and eventually making his final college decision.