SPOTLIGHT

The student news site of South Hadley High School

SPOTLIGHT

SPOTLIGHT

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Why Post Malone should be considered the most versatile and successful artist of the twenty-first century

Republic Records

Over the past few decades, music artists have been submerging left and right, most struggling to stay relevant in the constantly changing music industry. Post Malone however is one of the few that seems to stay in the spotlight and at the top of the charts. 

After putting out his first hit album “Stoney” in 2016, Austin Richard Post rose onto the Billboard charts. “Stoney” was just the start as two years later he released the album many people know him for today, “beerbongs & bentleys.” This album gained him a massive fanbase for years to come. In his next album “Hollywood’s Bleeding,” Post Malone branched out of just his well-known Rap-Pop style. One of the features in the song was world-renowned rock and roll legend Ozzy Osbourne. He also had R&B and soul songs with his own spin on them while constantly switching up genres most would think this would tank his career and fanbase. What happened was just the opposite: “Hollywood’s Bleeding” b

Don Arnold/WireImage

ecame his most-listened-to album to date with over 12 billion streams all-time and almost 5 million streams daily. 

In recent years he has even branched into folk and country. On July 17th, 2023, Post Malone was featured on “Dial Drunk “by Noah Kahan, a trending breakthrough artist. He has also spoken numerous times about his interest in making a country album in the future. Post Malone has done all of this while still staying relevant and in the center of the music industry.

Additionally, Malone holds the record for having the most Diamond albums of any artist with eight. A Diamond album is one that has sold 10 million units. Malone is also the first artist to ever have a song go “Double Diamond.”

On February 8th, 2024, Post Malone and Swae Lee’s song “Sunflower” reached over 20 million streams or downloads in just the United States. Malone has forever embedded himself into the music industry making history countless times, deserving the title of most versatile artist of our generation.